Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Capitol Colours

On the way to dinner this evening, I stopped by Sally's. A China Glaze display caught my eye. It was the Capitol Colours collection inspired by The Hunger Games, and they were on clearance for $3.29 each! I selected three colors and checked out. With tax it came to $5.25. I looked quizzically at the salesperson, as three bottles should have come to more than that. That's when she told me there was a sale: all of the clearance items were half off the clearance price! With the price at $1.65 a bottle, I bought one of each of the remaining colors, seven in all. 

T: Hook and Line   I: Mahogany Magic   M: Foie Gras   R: Dress Me Up   P: Agro


Now, I have been recently introduced to Pinterest. Since I began, I have come across quite a few very interesting manicures I just had to try out with my new colors. Check them out:


The one on my pinky is a gradient from Agro to Mahogany Magic. This is my first gradient, and it turned out pretty well. My thumb is a standard water marble of Hook and Line, Foie Gras, and Dress Me Up. I didn't use a base color, as I wanted it to be subtle. My ring finger is my favorite. It is an abstract water marble using Smoke and Ashes and a touch of Riveting. By abstract, I mean I swirl it around a little bit, then I tear open the barrier around the edges to let the swirls expand. I followed this with a water coat of the Riveting so it would be translucent. It really looks like lava flowing down the side of a volcano!

I really enjoyed trying out my new colors. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment